Sunday, March 29, 2015

Menu Plan–March 29

My first day back to work was Friday.  I can’t tell you how nice it was to have excited students to welcome me back; it made leaving my little one with grandma so much easier.  I am so thankful that family is available to care for her while I work over these next six weeks until summer!! 

Needless to say, I needed a little chocolate last week and I made these amazing chocolate oat bars.  Yum-o. 

I also filled our fridge with a double batch of this delicious roasted tomato soup.  I paired it with a cheese quesadilla a few times this week for a quick lunch. 

The easiest meal I made this week was the crockpot chicken pot pie with cheesy biscuits. Nothing can be faster than throwing frozen veggies, pre-cooked chicken, flour, chicken broth and spices in the crockpot on low for 8 hours.  Add some milk/cream and cheesy biscuits and you have  a delicious meal.  

Now, we’re into week two of work, and thankfully it’s a short week with Good Friday this week.  I am not relying yet on my freezer meals since it’s a short week.  Although… we’ll see how that goes! 

I am thankful to have a freezer full.  If you are interested in what I made, be sure to check out the freezer cooking mini-series I did this week (the conclusion comes tomorrow!). 

Breakfasts
Breakfast Burritos {freezer, new}
Granola
Berry Baked Oatmeal
Whole Wheat Waffles
Orange Zest Cranberry Muffins

Sunday
Pizza Dip for the Michigan State vs. Louisville Game
To do: Thaw chicken, make lunches and baked oatmeal (x2)

Monday
Crockpot Chicken and Ranch Sandwiches {new}
To do: Make green beans, prep veggies for tortilla soup

Tuesday
Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup {new}
To do: Thaw chicken

Wednesday
Lemon Pepper Chicken and Cheesy Green Beans {new and new}
To do: Nothing!

Thursday
Skillet Lasagna, Garlic-y Green Beans {new}
To do: prep veggies for chili, thaw ground beef

Friday
Crockpot Pumpkin Beer Chili {new}
To do: Decide on Easter side dish

Saturday
Lemon Butter Pasta
To do: prepare menu and grocery lists

Menu Plan Monday is hosted at Organizing Junkie - stop by for hundreds of menus

Find more great menus at OrgJunkie’s Menu Plan Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...