Sunday, February 24, 2013

Menu–February 24

I splurged this week and bought blueberries at the grocery store. 

I’ve seen them the last few weeks, but they tempted my taste buds enough for me to cave this week.  Is anyone else craving spring?  The February sunshine and longer days only spur that on …. encouraging me to toss some greens in our breakfast sandwiches this weekend.  Get the recipe here.

Alas, we’re still in snow season, and while I wanted to buy all sorts of out-of-season produce in addition to my blueberries, I’m still relying on winter veggies, like sweet potatoes, in our menu. 

Last week, I enjoyed my favorite mac and cheesethe recipe uses sweet potatoes and Parmesan cheese and the result is so creamy and tasty your family will never know there’s only 1/4 C cheese in the whole thing!  Get the recipe here.

On our menu this week:

Sunday
Leftover Breakfast Sandwiches
Mushroom Stroganoff (new), Roasted Asparagus {our favorite way to eat asparagus!}

To do: prepare the veggies for the quesadillas

Monday
Granola & dried cherries
Zucchini, Carrot & Black Bean Quesadillas with Brown Rice

Tuesday
Berry Baked Oatmeal {freezer}
Sweet Potato & Black Bean Wraps, roasted broccoli

To do: Prep Texas Caviar; dice veggies for Thursday

Wednesday
Granola & dried cherries
Leftovers
Bible Study Game Night – Texas Caviar

Thursday
Berry Baked Oatmeal {freezer}
Honey Mustard Stir Fry, Brown Rice

To do: Thaw meat for Sloppy Joe’s

Friday
Gingerbread Cranberry Scones
Crockpot Sloppy Joes, oven fries or pan fries

To do: Make 40-Minute buns

Saturday
Healthier Oatmeal Cookie Pancakes, fruit
French Bread Pizza, steamed veggies

Menu Plan Monday is hosted at Organizing Junkie - stop by for hundreds of menus

Find more great menus at OrgJunkie’s Menu Plan Monday!

2 comments:

  1. That mac & cheese recipe looks awesome! I love finding healthier versions of my favorite foods!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...