Monday, December 3, 2012

Merry Monday Memories

Happy Monday!  Every Monday in December, well start the week off with a look down memory lane at some of our favorite Christmas cookie recipes posted in years past. 

I know there are a number of long-time faithful readers here, but also that there are lots of new folks here too (hi!), so I hope this is fun for all!

We’ll kick things off with three recipes I look forward to every Christmas season:

(1) Mom’s Famous Amaretto Fudge

This fudge has been making an appearance at every Christmas for more than 20 years.  It’s fantastic, and is the only chocolate-based fudge that I really, really, love. 

It makes a HUGE batch, and works great for a gift.  It’s also nice to have on hand to serve guests during Christmas and new years. 

(2) Dark Chocolate Oatmeal Caramelitas

These bars are amazing.  And addicting.  My mom has been making them for years and I love enjoying them at Christmas.  Gooey chocolate and caramel layered between two oatmeal crusts. 

(3) Anise Cookies

These cookies have been a part of my Christmas season as long as my husband has – going on 6 years!  They are a family tradition from Frog Prince’s family, and I absolutely love them.  Anise is a fun extract to use in these cookies; but if anise isn’t your thing, go for vanilla or almond and you will have an excellent roll-out sugar cookie. 

3 comments:

  1. So glad you posted this ive looked at the fudge recipe before but never had reason to make it but this year ill be giving edible gifts so this is perfect.

    Thanks for reminding me about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy and sweet recipe. These are perfect for desserts. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so fun to find someone else who makes Anise cookies for Christmas. My mother-in-law invented a recipe that we still use. It is a drop cookie that we color either red or green and put a butter frosting(also flavored with anise) on top. I was never a big fan of anise, but these get really moist and infused with the anise flavor with time. Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...