Sunday, November 11, 2012

Menu Plan–November 11

One week to go until we head into Thanksgiving!  I am really excited and ready for a time of rest and family.  And, of course, food. 

This week we’re talking Thanksgiving meals and leftovers – if you have a recipe you want me to share, please email me or post it on my Facebook Page!

Last week, I learned an important lesson: triple the roasted red pepper soup recipe, especially when serving it alongside whole wheat pizza stuffed pretzels; otherwise there will be none left because your husband will eat it all. 

I also learned that cheese-crusted lasagna soup still tastes good as leftovers despite leaving it sit in the pot too long so it became more like a stoup. 

I also learned that in 10 minutes the temperature can drop 10 degrees and that after a day with a high of 69 degrees, the next day can be 33 degrees and snowing.  That calls for a warm cup of snow tea, or maybe my first cup of hot cocoa for the season. 

I’m sure I’ll learn many things this week too, likely including how much I love my crockpot for busy weeks! 

Sunday
Kris Kringle Oatmeal Cinnamon Pancakes with Maple Apple Sauté
Grilled Cheese & steamed veggies
Cheesy Ham & Potato Soup

To Do: Thaw pork roast

Monday
Pumpkin Spice Granola
Leftovers
Crockpot Maple Apple Pork, sweet potatoes

To Do: Make extra sweet potatoes for puree, thaw Italian sausage

Tuesday
Pumpkin Spice Granola
Black Beans, Rice and Broccoli
Crockpot Italian Sausage Vegetable Soup, garlic bread {new}

To Do: Prep soup in the am, make dessert for Bible study

Wednesday {senior symposium}
Scramble Melt
Leftovers
Leftovers
Bible Study: Pumpkin Dark Chocolate Cheesecake Squares

Thursday
Waffles of Insane Greatness {freezer}, raspberry sauce
Leftover soup & bread
Cheesy Chicken & Ranch Casserole, steamed veggies

To Do: Thaw spaghetti sauce, make baked oatmeal

Friday
Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
Leftovers
Crockpot Spaghetti Sauce, pasta, broccoli

To Do: Start spaghetti sauce in the crockpot in the am

Saturday
Apple Danishes
Leftovers
Stuffed-Crust Pizza, green bean fries

Menu Plan Monday is hosted at Organizing Junkie - stop by for hundreds of menus

Find more great menus at OrgJunkie’s Menu Plan Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...