Monday, October 15, 2012

Greek Yogurt Parmesan Biscuits

Get this – these biscuits are made without butter, or whipping cream! 

Instead, they rely on Greek Yogurt. 

The result is a yummy biscuit that Frog Prince said I could “definitely make again”!

Greek Yogurt Parmesan Biscuits – Recipe idea from Mom

Ingredients

  • 1 C white whole wheat flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 C plain Greek Yogurt
  • 1/4 C Parmesan cheese

Directions

Whisk together 1 C white whole wheat flour, 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder and 1/2 tsp. salt. 

Make a well in the center of the flour and place 1 C plain Greek Yogurt. 

Top with 1/4 C Parmesan cheese.

 

Using a fork or spatula, cut in the Greek Yogurt to the flour mixture. 

Using your hand, press the dough together until much of it holds together.  Then, turn out onto a lightly floured surface.  Press into a 1/2 inch thick rectangle.

Place any remaining flour and cheese crumbs over the top of the dough.  Then, fold the dough in half. 

Flatten the dough to 1/2 inch thickness. 

Cut the dough into 2-inch squares.  I got 8-10 biscuits. 

Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet, or onto a pastry mat liner and place in an oven heated to 450 degrees. 

Bake at 450 for 12-14 minutes until biscuits are lightly browned. 

Serve warm with a soup, or slathered with butter & jelly!  Enjoy! 

Note: Biscuits are best consumed fresh; so, if you’re cooking for 1-2 people, cut the recipe in half.  This recipe easily fed 6 people. 

10 comments:

  1. What a healthy way to make biscuits! I bet they'd be great with a little butter and jam for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean, if you made them without the cheese. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love cheese biscuits! Greek yogurt sounds like a good choice too. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! I love this idea and it really makes me want to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What % fat was your yogurt? All I have on hand is 0% and I am guessing you need a little fat in them...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't have Greek yogurt so I tried them with my homemade yogurt and they tasted great. Were not as fluffy and pretty as yours though. Im going to use cheddar next time and add some garlic :D that sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad they worked! I bet garlic, cheddar and even some chives would be wonderful.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...