Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Blueberry Rhubarb Baked Oatmeal

I’ve mentioned it before, but if you haven’t tried blueberries and rhubarb together, you are missing out. 

It’s great in muffins, crisp, and now, this baked oatmeal. 

Blueberry Rhubarb Baked Oatmeal

Ingredients

  • 1/2 C applesauce
  • 1/2 C brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 3 C rolled oats
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp. ginger
  • 1 C milk
  • 1 1/2 C rhubarb, sliced
  • 1 1/2 C blueberries {fresh or frozen}

Directions

Being by combining the 1/2 C brown sugar, 3 C oats, 2 tsp. baking powder, and 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, & 1/8 tsp. ginger in a large bowl.  Mix well. 

Add in 1/2 C applesauce and 1 egg. 

Then, pour in the milk. 

Toss in the blueberries and fresh rhubarb. 

Stir and then pour into a 2 quart baking dish.

Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes until center is set. 

Serve warm with milk.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. "Oh My Goodness"... This is a HEAVENLY CASSEROLE! If I were deserted on an island, I would be HAPPY with only OATMEAL! NOW you have combined ALL MY FAVORITE THINGS HERE... I am MAKING THIS this week!!!
    Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!
    Big Hugs to you,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going on my menu next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so delicious! I love baked oatmeal and this combo looks fabulous! Thanks for the great recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to try this recipe! Fresh blueberries aren't ready here yet, but I have some in the freezer from last season

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...