Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sweet Potato Hotdish


Drooling.


It's no secret I love sweet potatoes.  I have something like a baker's dozen sweet potato recipes right now on this site..., and I have more in my "to try" file.

They are just delicious.  What can I say?

My mom used to make a yummy sweet potato dish -- sweet potatoes, cranberries, crumble topping and marshmallows.  But, this year I decided to try something new.

Sweet Potato Hotdish - Finding Joy in My Kitchen
{Print Recipe}

Filling
4 C sweet potatoes, pureed
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/3 C milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 T butter, melted
salt and pepper, as desired

Topping
1 C oatmeal
1/2 C whole wheat flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 C brown sugar
2 T butter, softened

In a large bowl, combine sweet potatoes with butter, vanilla and salt and pepper.


Then, mix together the eggs and milk.


Add this mixture to the sweet potatoes and stir until combined.


Spread filling in a lightly greased 8x8 inch glass baking dish.


Then, mix together all the topping ingredients (minus the butter) in a large bowl.


Add in the butter, and mix with a fork until clumps form.


Sprinkle the topping over the potatoes. Yes, there is a lot of topping... but it's delicious.



Bake at 350 for 30ish minutes, until the topping is lightly brown, and the filling is hot.


Serve warm, as a side dish, or a dessert... or even have leftovers for breakfast.


I loved the light and fluffiness of the sweet potatoes and the delicious sweetness of the topping. Yum. I think I'll have some leftovers now.

3 comments:

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...